Bring Your Smile Back With Dental Bridges
Replace Missing Teeth with a Dental Bridge
A bridge may be used to replace missing teeth, help maintain the shape of your face, and alleviate stress on your bite.
A bridge replaces missing teeth with artificial teeth, looks great, and literally bridges the gap where one or more teeth may have been. Your bridge can be made from gold, alloys, porcelain, or a combination of these materials and is bonded onto surrounding teeth for support.
The success of any bridge depends on its foundation — the other teeth, gums, or bone to which it is attached. Therefore, it’s very important to keep your existing teeth, gums, and jaw healthy and strong. Increased risk of gum disease has proven to be one of the worst side effects of missing teeth and can be minimized with a dental bridge.
Benefits of Dental Bridges
There are a variety of benefits for using a dental bridge to replace a missing tooth. A dental bridge can:
- Restore the appearance and functionality of your smile
- Enable you to chew and speak properly
- Maintain the shape of your face by improving the appearance of sunken in cheeks
- Maintain proper occlusion by keeping surrounding teeth from shifting out of place
What is the Process for Getting Dental Bridges?
First, you’ll need to schedule an initial visit with Dr. Chin to determine if dental bridges are the right option for replacing your missing teeth. If so, then we’ll take the following steps to replace your teeth with a dental bridge.
- The teeth used to attach the dental bridge (abutment teeth) are prepared to receive crowns
- Impressions are then taken
- A temporary bridge is cemented in place
- Your permanent bridges are created in a lab to match the exact measurements of your mouth
- Once completed, you’ll come back to our office for a final visit to have your dental bridge cemented into place
- Dr. Chin will make any necessary adjustments to ensure a comfortable fit
If you think dental bridges are the best option to replace your missing teeth, give us a call to schedule your appointment.